The Brotherhood of the World Bloggers Award!! If it isn’t an honor, it is certainly a mouthful. My gracious gratitude extends to Ameena k.g, blogname of Randoms by a Random, who nominated me for this award. It was originally the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, but it has apparently undergone a vast transition, leaving me confused as to who are eligible for the nomination. So, I’ll move on to answer the questions Ameena left for me.
1) what is your favorite book
This is an impossible question. I am an avid reader and every time I seem to have found a favorite, I discover another. I am also the type that never reads a book twice, so I cannot determine my favorite book based on criterion ‘Number of times read’ either. But here are a few of my favorites book series. Skulduggery Pleasant, Septimus Heap and the Harry Potter series. Skulduggery Pleasant is an octalogy, while the other two are heptalogies.
2) why do you blog?
Well, this blog is merely four months old. And the reason behind this blog in those four months has been a simple ‘to pass the time’.
3) define love according to you
Love is a confusing amalgam of contradictions that complement each other. Its a relationship based on trust, yet there is obligation to keep no secrets hidden from your partner. It’s a give and take; a relationship of tolerance, yet there will be the unadulterated gestures of love, the sacrifices of divine proportions. It can be beautiful, and also the source of heart-wrenching agony. So what is love? It cannot be defined. Or perhaps it’s happiness derived from another individual that you inexplicably, yet immensely care for, if you were to allow me to be blunt and crude.
4) if you had to choose one- fiction, non-fiction, poetry, which would you choose and why?
Unarguably, unquestionably, undeniably, fiction. It has more opportunities for humor as compared to non-fiction. Poetry is definitely more potent and beautiful, but it’s very difficult to write. I am not a man of little words.
5) characteristic of your ideal woman
Quirky, independent, intelligent, romantic and humorous.
6) life is- a roller coaster, mountain climb, landslide, other.
No, life is another Titanic. It makes for a great movie, but in the end it’s going down.
7) favorite author
As of now, Jeffrey Archer, because Sons of Fortune gave me the biggest thrill I had in a while.
8) what legacy would you like to leave.
I would love to be known as The Crazy Uncle, as someone who is respected for his wisdom and advice, as someone who can always be counted on to hype the party, and most of all, I would like to be an inspiration.
I would like to nominate you:
Babso2you – Host of the Mondays Finish the Story Flash Fiction Challenge
PricelessJoy – Host of the Flash Fiction For Aspiring Writers Challenge (yeap, I know you’re award-free but you deserve recognition!)
To my Nominees, Answer These:
- Which philosophies/quotes/life lessons/cliches/phrases do you find most applicable to you now? Elaborate.
- What is your worst trait?
- What age would you like to live to?
- Which famous person do you think you can swap identities with, without anyone suspecting anything?
- List out all your hobbies.
- Which of the five sense do you think you can live without? Why?
- In a good cop-bad cop interrogation situation, (google it if unsure) which role would you prefer to play?
- If you were forced to participate in a talent show, which of your talents would you feature?
- If you were to choose one- Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry- which would you choose and why?
- What legacy would you like to leave behind?
Hope to hear your responses soon!